mercredi 1 avril 2015

How it all started!



 
Don't laugh! 
I did some sorting of old papers, and I found, hand colored with felt-tips, the invitation to my very first exhibition! And I don't even remember the year... I was around twenty years old then. 
And it started everything... I had been an exchange student fro a year in the States, heard about quilts there, but almost nothing..., and started by myself, using EPP when I came back... 
Never stopped!

Ne riez pas!
J'ai fait du tri de vieux papiers, et j'ai trouvé, colorié à la main avec des feutres, l'invitation à ma toute première exposition! Et je ne me rappelle même plus de l'année... Je devais avoir dans les 20 ans.
Et c'est ainsi que tout a commencé... J'avais fait une année d'échange aux USA et j'avais un tout petit peu entendu parlé des quilts, mais presque rien... et j'ai commencé toute seule quand je suis revenue, en faisant du patch à la méthode anglaise... 
Et je n'ai plus arrêté depuis!


3 commentaires

  1. Amazing and I spent time in Bevaix when I was 17 in 1984! Sadly I didn't see your exhibition!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. A wonderful beginning which has lead on a very interesting path.

    RépondreSupprimer

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.